Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Eyes Have It

Finally grouted "The Four Florida Seasons" - a bear of a job due to the many different textures in the piece. Plus, the black grout is especially unforgiving if you get some where you don't want it, such as the whites of the eyes! or the pearls in the winter sky! I don't know what I'd do without my handy dental scraper. I'm considering a simple black frame made with strips of 1x2s painted black and nailed to the edges. I might even try to miter them if I feel energetic. Now on to the next project!


2 comments:

  1. Liked this even without the grout, but with the black grout it's even more striking! A black frame sounds just right, especially with mitered corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    Mosaic art supplies

    ReplyDelete