Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pearlbird in the Moonlight

Do you remember the first stage of Pearlbird from, oh, at least a year ago? It was probably more than that. It got shelved when I got stuck after gluing the pearl outline and couldn't figure out how to continue: fill in the background with tight swirls of transparent beads? Leave just the outline? Fill in the outline? I bought a package of those rainbow-translucent beads but then they just sat on the shelf with Pearlbird for more months until one day this week when I got a chance to do a sort of "pop-up" exhibit at Towles Court. The landlord of the building where Ashby Art used to be, which is currently empty, graciously allowed a group of artists to rent the space for a night to show our work, and I was one of the lucky ones. I decided to include Pearlbird - which meant I had to finish it! And all at once I knew that stringing the translucent beads and filling in the outline was the solution, so that's what I did. I added a few more touches of blue to the night sky and a few more pearls and it was done.

1 comment:

  1. nice!!!! I appreciate you beautiful art.The mosaic south africa art work is famous in the whole world and mosaic art suppliesin every country..THis is a great post.Keep posting

    ReplyDelete