Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Orange Waves: First Milepost

Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory? It measures a lot of opposing characteristics on sliding scales, such as introversion-extroversion. One of the scales has to do with your preference for the process of a project (they call it perceiving) versus reaching the goal (called judging). The test has its roots in the theories of C. G. Jung and is often used by employers to measure a person's suitability for a particular job or work environment, though there is a lot of debate about whether it works for that purpose. 

I bring it up here because, being a strong goal-oriented type, I have been feeling a wonderful elation this week because I'VE FINISHED ONE SECTION OF THE ORANGE WAVES! The feeling of completion tastes good to me. I have a little of that sensory-crossover, synesthesia, and successful completions of any kind always reflect in taste; it's hard to explain, but there it is.
Yes, the section is only about 16 inches wide, but it's finished! The first part of any large project is always the hardest, because I'm working out the process and design. The rest of it should go a bit faster. My client saw it almost completed and has approved, so it's full speed ahead with the other sections. The goal is to finish by the end of the year. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment